For the last 10 years or so we've taken our summer holidays in Ireland near my wife's family.
This year we're thinking we'll try something different … trouble is we don't have any experience with doing family holidays anywhere apart from Ireland or New Zealand.
Can you suggest somewhere?
Here are my facts and requirements and constraints:
- We have 2 adults and 2 girls, aged 7 and 10.
- I don't like the heat and I do like wifi and I don't like the idea of sitting beside a pool for hours getting my bald-spot sunburnt. I'd like to see interesting things.
- My wife and kids like the idea of sun and pool.
- I don't live in Scotland and I feel very nervous about driving on the other side of the road.
- My wife and I like good quality food!
- We can afford to enjoy ourselves …
- We speak English …
Top of the list, right now, is the Island of Jersey … it's a nice temperature, they speak English, and they drive on the correct side of the road.
Any hints, my friends?